Duplicates & Similar Issues
Duplicate AI compares tickets and will categorize them into duplicates and similar tickets. These are shown in seperate sections:
The distinction is made, since ..
- .. for duplicates we are really sure you want to something about them.
- .. similar tickets are just interesting.
Those with high scores show up in the "Similar Tickets" section. To make it easy to spot interesting tickets, we show:
- Ticket Summary
- Ticket Status
- A similarity score in % to indicate how far appart the similar ticket and your open ticket are
These tickets have passed several checks regarding their similiarity metrics and ticket properties. These checks on a combination of properties & metrics ensures that these are real duplicates.
Each duplicates also is assigned a "scenario", which indicates how we think what type of duplicate this is (e.g. 100% same content, email that references an existing ticket, etc).
Example - Scenario "Email followup"
- Description is not that similar (since in an email thread people add completely new content in the next email)
- Summary is very similar (since the email subject is usually the same)
- The ticket request type is Email Request
- Ticket dates are not longer than 2 months appart